Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty Modifier Database

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cow
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Smarty Modifier Database Reply with quote

I hope I've not missed anything, but I think it'd be a good idea to have some kind of Function/Modifier database on the Smarty site. A repository of functions/modifiers which have already been created. Template designers who don't know PHP for example might be able to just come to this database, find their modifier and upload it, if they have permissions. Sometimes the programmer doesn't have time to rewrite things millions of times over, which is why stuff like PEAR is popular. They'd just grab an already made modifier or function from the Smarty website, which has already been tested and is known to work.

I often myself require new modifiers or functions for my scripts, but I need to rewrite them myself as I don't know of any current function/modifier database avaliable on the internet.

I just had a look and found a plugins page in the wiki, but it's only got 15 modifiers or so. A real database split into sections, with more contributions would be good Smile
cow
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts? A smarty equivilent of PEAR would be really useful for me, and I'm sure for the Smarty community.
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a few of us probably have some on-the-back-burner plans similar to this. Its a good idea, it takes a lot of effort to get it right.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: