Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

creating cache files error?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielking
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: creating cache files error? Reply with quote

$smarty->display('catalog.tpl','catalog'.$catalogid.'pg'.$pg);

i set $smarty->_dir_perm to 0777.
this script in my programs sometimes executed currectly, the cache files was created, but sometimes didn't, with a warning like this:
Warning: Smarty error: problem creating directory "templates/default/cache/catalog16pg/%%-88/%%-887988192" in /z2/ptn10960005/public_html/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1042
the directory catalog16pg wasn't created.

here is this page
http://cnkknd.com/ka2/catalog.php?catalogid=16
(there are chinese characters, but the warnings are in english,Smile)
you can click the other catalogs in the catalog-tree on the left.
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=191&highlight=directory+creation
danielking
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't set the $smarty->*_dirs to absolute paths. maybe it's the reason.
i set $use_sub_dirs to false and my problems went away.

thanx very much.

i suggest the forum managers to create a topic or some other place and then good posts can be added into it. i think it's easy for people to find out the ways to solve their problems in using smarty. i am a chinese smarty user, my english is not good and it's difficult for me to read all posts in this forum in a short time.
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i haven't set the $smarty->*_dirs to absolute paths. maybe it's the reason.

Yes, that seems to be one of the bigger installation issues. According to messju's post (in the thread I posted earlier) this appears to be a bug. You can *usually* avoid using use_sub_dirs if you use absolute paths.

Quote:
suggest the forum managers to create a topic or some other place and then good posts can be added into it. i think it's easy for people to find out the ways to solve their problems in using smarty. i am a chinese smarty user, my english is not good and it's difficult for me to read all posts in this forum in a short time.

Awesome idea Daniel!! Unfortunately, I suspect that the forum managers must be really busy--which is to be expected since they are providing to the community at large this site and its maintenance (which in itself is a workload) along with the replies they make to users all on a volounteer basis. There has been no response yet to requests to make certain posts "sticky", and thus easier to find Smile As a result, we see many of the same questions repeated. I'm sure that in time, we'll see something along the lines that you suggest. Perhaps if the raw data was made available at some point, someone could write a routine to automatically catagorize and cull useful posts.

In the meantime, perhaps some good intentioned soul(s) will recover good snippets of information and add them to the Smarty Wiki! I would also like to point out to users that this forum has a Search facility!

I'm glad you were able to get your problems sorted out!
danielking
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creating cache dirs problem has been solved
creating cache files problem remained.

lots of cache files is NULL!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: