Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

prefilter and {extends} problem with 3.1.12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lxs
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: prefilter and {extends} problem with 3.1.12 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from Smarty 3.0.7 to 3.1.12. I have a prefilter which rewrites the file argument to {extends}. With 3.1.12 I now get an "unmatched {block} {/block} pairs" when rendering my templates with {extends} tags in them.

As far as I can tell the reason this is happening is because while the prefiltered content is correctly passed to the lexer and parser, Smarty_Internal_Compile_Extends does a bunch of checks against the original template content. As a result the following code in smarty_internal_compile_extends.php does not behave correctly:

Code:
$_content = ($this->mbstring_overload ? mb_substr($compiler->template->source->content, $compiler->lex->counter - 1, 20000000, 'latin1') : substr($compiler->template->source->content, $compiler->lex->counter - 1));

Specifically $compiler->template->source->content is the original text of the template file (before prefilter) and $compiler->lex->counter is the offset into the prefiltered text just after the {extends} tag. Because my filter has made changed the length of the {extends} tag, the lexer offset isn't correct for the original (before prefilter) content. Because my prefilter happens to make the {extends} tag longer, the substr() ends up removing the first {block} tag and causes the "unmatched {block} {/block} pairs" error.

I will attempt to see if I can come up with another way to get the behavior I want which does not use prefilters, however I thought I should mention this issue.

--lxs
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bugfix is now in the SVN trunk and will later be included in the 3.1.13 release
lxs
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know!

Thanks for the quick response,

--lxs
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: