Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty 3 fatal error with compileTemplate()

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glenn_crowdicity
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Smarty 3 fatal error with compileTemplate() Reply with quote

I've been trying to upgrade from Smarty2 to Smarty3 - as far as I can tell, everything is installed correctly, however I cannot render a template. Even just using testinstall() right after creating the Smarty object gives the same error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function compileTemplate() on a non-object in /<my_path>/Smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 187

Note that <my_path> is just the path to my app - it doesn't actually show like that in the error.

I can't find anyone else having this problem, so part of me thinks it's something I'm doing wrong, but the error doesn't give me much to go on. I've built plenty of sites with Smarty2 over the years, so I (generally!) know what I'm doing, but this has me stumped. Any advice, anyone?

Edit: This is with version 3.1.13, both BC and non-BC objects.
glenn_crowdicity
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out!

It was something I was doing - my existing autoloaders were causing trouble.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: