Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Move to new Shared Hosting for a php and smarty website

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atip07
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Move to new Shared Hosting for a php and smarty website Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a website built in by others using PHP and using Smarty as templates.
Previously it was in a Dedicated Server Hosting and now move to a Shared Hosting.

the url is http://creativecontent.my/

The sad thing is that i cannot get this website up and running. The hosting provider is not much of help i my situation.

I do suspected that i need to run the Smarty Modules in the hosting server in order to make it work.

My Question:-
1. Is there a way that i can test if they do have a Smarty Template Engine running and how to test?

2. The website should be running directly to http://creativecontent.my/main and show the correct pages, instead of telling me that i need to "To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory".

3. Do you have a htaccess to re-direct or setup for a shared hosting and enable my website to run?

Thanks.
atip07
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apache Error Log

[Tue Jun 17 16:11:36 2014] [error] [client 1.9.175.209] File does not exist: /home/creati45/public_html/main
[Tue Jun 17 16:09:46 2014] [error] [client 1.9.175.209] File does not exist: /home/creati45/public_html/main
[Tue Jun 17 16:09:42 2014] [error] [client 1.9.175.209] File does not exist: /home/creati45/public_html/favicon.ico
[Tue Jun 17 16:07:28 2014] [error] [client 1.9.175.209] File does not exist: /home/creati45/public_html/main
[Tue Jun 17 16:05:35 2014] [error] [client 1.9.175.209] PHP Warning: phpinfo() [<a href='function.phpinfo'>function.phpinfo</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/creati45/public_html/phpinfo.php on line 8
[Tue Jun 17 16:05:35 2014] [error] [client 1.9.175.209] PHP Warning: phpinfo() [<a href='function.phpinfo'>function.phpinfo</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur' for 'MYT/8.0/no DST' instead in /home/creati45/public_html/phpinfo.php on line 4
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hostings providers have normally not Smarty preinstalled.
So you have to install it on the new host.

The missing files are do not belong to the Smarty template engine.

See http://nl3.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php for a list of timezone supported by PHP.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: