Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Even if I understand the error, no chance to find where

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabiensen
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Even if I understand the error, no chance to find where Reply with quote

Hi all,

long story short: a module in Prestashop 1.6 throw a compile error. Now, the problem is that Smarty does not give me any info where to find it. Could anybody address me to the right file somehow, or at least to make a proper recursive search for something to correct, like a particular string? I see that there are problems having to do with
{*
* 2007-2014
but I have them basically everywhere, as the tpl files have this copyright... Also, I am guessing what is xC3...

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' in /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667 Stack trace: #0 /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error() #1 /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(10, '\xC3') #2 /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(10, '\xC3') #3 /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(206): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('{*\n* 2007-2014 ...') #4 /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(187): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTemplate(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #5 /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/sma in /home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a charset problem and your page is UTF-8 encoded but the copyright is not.
fabiensen
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Thanks, but... Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply,

but I have tons of files with this scenario. Maybe you know which string I can search for? Really nothing is coming to my mind when searching for the corrupted file.
I think that this message is truncated:

/home/compto5/public_html/e/tools/sma in

here I would expect the template file giving problems.

So, can we narrow the problem in your opinion?
Thank you very much for your time!

Fabio
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set
Code:
$smarty->_paserdebug = true;

This will out trace information while the parser is processing the template source. With this you should be able to identify the location in the source which does create the problem.
fabiensen
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

although I have restored the smarty debug console in Prestashop 1.6 and activated the DEV mode, I get the console up and running, but only for pages that are reachable, basically everyone, except for the one giving me this error. The console is just ignored and does not pop-up, as it has not the time to load!

I really need some other ideas... how can I debug it in some other way you know?

I hate to say that this is urgent or important, but this is today the truth Sad
Thank you very much!
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$smarty->_paserdebug = true;

Does not activate the normal debugging consol.

It's an undocumneted internal flag which enables a trace output from the parser during debugging. As you got an compiler generated syntax error the trace should point you in the right direction.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: