Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How do I actually use {setfilter} ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandyCAPS
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: How do I actually use {setfilter} ? Reply with quote

I want to run some blocks past a filter function to do some stuff depending on the content, so I thought {setfilter} would be an ideal fit. The docs however once again fail to provide any useful information on how to actually use this function. Trying to register the function with
Code:
smarty->loadFilter('output', 'test');
results in the content of the entire page running through my filter, rather then just the contents surrounded by {setfilter test}{/setfilter}. I really just want the bit in between the tags, which is what the docs tell me it should do. I also don't want to register every filter in a config file, I want to use them like I would a custom block. Smarty recognizes block tags and custom plugin tags without me registering them, why wouldn't the same work for a filter function ?

Are there any complete examples of how to use {setfilter} anywhere ? Is this the functionality I need or are there better ways to check the contents of a tpl before compiling ?

Here's an example of what I would try to do:

If I have two templates that both get pulled in to a table, I want to make sure both have the same number of <td>'s. In the filter function I could count the <td>'s in both and then fill one with empty <td>'s to make them even.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: