Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Using jQuery with smarty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nprioleau
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Using jQuery with smarty Reply with quote

I want to use an editable grid but am having difficulty understanding how to implement it. I am very new to smarty and am a bit of a hack developer (personal applications ONLY). Must I declare my javascript functions in the template or in the _head?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wherever you want to do it.
JS works on client, Smarty works on server. From Smarty's point of view, your "functions" is just another text it needs to put on a page.
nprioleau
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Is there any reason why a function would not work? I have put my function inside my template. When I click a button that calls the function, nothing happens.

Code:

<a href="javascript:void(0)" class="easyui-linkbutton" iconCls="icon-add" plain="true" onclick="newUser()">New User</a>

{literal}
    var url;
    function newUser(){
        $('#dlg').dialog('open').dialog('center').dialog('setTitle','New User');
        $('#fm').form('clear');
        url = 'save_user.php';
    }
    {/literal}
nprioleau
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have managed to solve one aspect but the code for displaying my grid is still not being called. I have successfully returned a json array:

Code:
[{"salesd_ID":"1","salesd_salesID":"242","salesd_productID":"2","salesd_unitPrice":null,"salesd_qty":"2000","salesd_total":null,"salesd_comments":null},{"salesd_ID":"2","salesd_salesID":"242","salesd_productID":"3","salesd_unitPrice":null,"salesd_qty":"1500","salesd_total":null,"salesd_comments":null}]

And have this code to display it:

Code:

<table id="dg" title="Sales Order Details" class="easyui-datagrid" style="width:700px;height:250px"

toolbar="#toolbar" pagination="true"
                            rownumbers="true" fitColumns="true" singleSelect="true">
                        <thead>
                            <tr>
                                <th field="salesd_productID" width="50">Product Name</th>
                                <th field="salesd_unitPrice" width="50">Unit Price</th>
                                <th field="salesd_qty" width="50">Quantity</th>
                                <th field="salesd_total" width="50">Total</th>
                            </tr>
                        </thead>
                </table>

I can't see anything obvious.[/code]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: