Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

LOST and in DISTRESS after migration

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aumcaramel
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: LOST and in DISTRESS after migration Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am facing a bad situation here... a friend is hosting company where is web site was hosted is bankrupt ! (impossible to get hold of those people anymore)

With some luck I could get :

- the entire root folder, subfolders and files
- the dump of the SQL database
- some "common files" outside of the the root folder and related to SMARTY (apparently) , etc etc
- and apparently all the above is running with "SMARTY" ... SMARTY that I discover as the hosting company (who was also the developper of the website) did use it to create the website .... (apparently version 2.x (the site is from 2008)

.. so far so good.

I jumped into the entire stuff to help my friend out (I havesome good computer knowledge)

I setup everything, adjusted the config files located in /config connected the MySQL database, etc etc.

Everything seems OK ... And I was so glad to see the front page showing up nicely after fixing some normal errors in a migration situation like this one... most path related issues etc ..

The front page is showing correctly and show data coming form the MySQL Database .... so I am all set I toought ..

BUT ..

On that home page ... I have 2 links ...

one linking to the FRENCH Part of the site /fr/accueil.html
one linking to the DUTCH part of the site : /nl/accueil.html

SO I checked again the content of my root folder to chase after those babies

but ...

no /fr folder
no /nl folder

!!! surprising .. I crawled again in all the data of my froend is web site .. NOTHING no trace of those 2 folders ...
No trace either of the /admin folder that he use to work with to manage his website etc etc..

SO I guess there is something that I miss here and that, in fact, might be (maybe/I hope) related to SMARTY.

Am I wrong or is there something elese that I need to know or do to have everything up and running ?

THANKS a lot to helping me out and for any ideas that might help to try to recover from this critical situatipn

... the site of my friend will be down in a couple of day ..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

best regards to all of you

Michel
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is most likely a problem in your server setup mismatch between your current environment and the hosting.
It's hard to guess without more data. The solution could be in any place, and I doubt any of it is related to Smarty (the template engine, that is).
Check the .htaccess, may be there's some rewrite rules.
Check any PHP code invoking early, may be it has a custom router.
aumcaramel
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello AnrDaemon,

thansk a lot for your reply Smile

I understand ... could you maybe tell me wich "post probable" way to look for ...

Php/MySQL version was on the old server :

mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.24a, for slackware-linux-gnu (i486) using EditLine wrapper

php --version
PHP 5.2.8 (cli) (built: Feb 19 2009 18:39:43) Copyright (c) 1997-2008 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies

We are using PHP 5.3.2 or 5.3.3 (not on the server for the moment)
Regarding MySQL I don't believe this could cause the problem.

Regarding .htaccess I did of course look after that but (and it was confirmed to me via a strong lead still in touch with the server) that the site DOES NOT USE .HTACCESS.. .

SO here I am and I just cannot think about anything else for the moment...

ALSO SOMETHING IMPORTANT :

We realy don't seemu ch happen in the logs of our server here regzrding error that could occur ... except the mention that:

/fr et /nl folders are missing !! (big interresting emssage :-/

thanks

Michel
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's no .htaccess, then, either,
1. you have not the full site backup, or
2. you need server configuration files.
Whatever server that was. Sorry, no other way around it.
Of course, there's still a possibility of you not fully understanding the code at hand.
I suggest an expert attention, if the site worth anything beyond a curious look.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: