Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How can I use {counter) in breadcrumb.tpl

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpatzekov
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: How can I use {counter) in breadcrumb.tpl Reply with quote

Hi to all! Since I am new to smarty I was wondering how I am able to do the folowing thing in breadcrumb.tpl. This is my code:

<ol vocab="http://schema.org/" typeof="BreadcrumbList">

<li class="breadoneline" property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem"><a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" property="item" typeof="WebPage" title="{l s='Home'}"><i class="icon-home"></i><span property="name" class="breadtitle breadtinyfix">Home</span></a><meta class="uniquebread" property="position" content="1"></li>

{if isset($path) AND $path}

<span class="navigation-pipe"{if isset($category) && isset($category->id_category) && $category->id_category == (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style="display:none;"{/if}>{$navigationPipe|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>

{if $path|strpos:'span' !== false}

<span class="navigation_page">{$path|@replace:'<a ': '<span><li class="breadoneline" property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem">
<a itemprop="url" '|@replace:'data-gg="">': ' property="item" typeof="WebPage">
<span property="name" class="breadtitle">'|@replace:'</a>': '</span>
</a>
<meta class="uniquebread" property="position" content="{counter}" ></li></span>'}
</span>

{else}
{$path}
{/if}
{/if}
</ol>

Note the two sections in red color. The first URL should always have value for content = 1. The second, third, forth, etc. URLs in the breadcrumbs should have respectively values 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. And since I was wondering how to do this, I decided to try with {counter}. However, using {counter} prints only {counter} (the same as it is written) as value for content.

Does anybody know how to correctly do this?

Thank you in advance!
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't initialize the counter anywhere in your posted example.
Refer to documentation for details: http://www.smarty.net/docs/en/language.custom.functions.tpl#language.function.counter

And please format your code in [ code ] tags. Your posts are unreadable.
mpatzekov
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes. I forgot to mention that I actually did the following thing. And I didn't mark the code as [ code ] because I can't use colors or any kind of highlighting within the code. But if you insist...

Ok, so here's the code...

Code:

<li class="breadoneline" property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem"><a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" property="item" typeof="WebPage" title="{l s='Home'}"><i class="icon-home"></i><span property="name" class="breadtitle breadtinyfix">Home</span></a><meta class="uniquebread" property="position" content="{counter start=1 skip=1}"></li>

<span class="navigation-pipe"{if isset($category) && isset($category->id_category) && $category->id_category == (int)Configuration::get('PS_ROOT_CATEGORY')} style="display:none;"{/if}>{$navigationPipe|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</span>

<span class="navigation_page">{$path|@replace:'<a ': '<span><li class="breadoneline" property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem">
</a>   
<meta class="uniquebread" property="position" content="{counter}" ></li></span>'}
</span>

{else}
{$path}
{/if}
{/if}
</ol>

This code prints value 1 in the first case. But the values for the other URLs in the breadcrumb remain {counter}. The second case somehow can't be executed, thus it prints {counter}.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use a function inside a text string, it is just treated as text. If you do:

{counter assign="mycount"}

Then {$mycount} will contain the counter value and you can use $mycount inside double quoted strings. It looks like you have things nested inside single quotes, so its a little more complicated than that. But this should send you the right direction. Maybe add another:

|@replace:"%mycount%":$mycount

and put %mycount% inside the string. so the whole thing:

Code:

<li class="breadoneline" property="itemListElement" typeof="ListItem"><a class="home" href="{if isset($force_ssl) && $force_ssl}{$base_dir_ssl}{else}{$base_dir}{/if}" property="item" typeof="WebPage" title="{l s='Home'}"><i class="icon-home"></i><span property="name" class="breadtitle breadtinyfix">Home</span></a><meta class="uniquebread" property="position" content="{counter start=1 skip=1}"></li>

{count assign="mycount"}

</a>   
<meta class="uniquebread" property="position" content="%mycount%" ></li></span>'|@replace:"%mycount%":$mycount}
</span>

{else}
{$path}
{/if}
{/if}
</ol>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: