Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How to create a plain function for use in {if}?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemon Juice
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: How to create a plain function for use in {if}? Reply with quote

I need to create a function for use in {if} structures in my templates and I can't find anything out of the available plug-in features that would make this easy. Twig appears to have this feature and it's used by Symfony:

Code:
{% if is_granted('ROLE_ADMIN') %}

in Smarty I would like this:

Code:
{if is_granted('ROLE_ADMIN')}

I would like to register this function in PHP (like with registerPlugin()) and use it in the templates. I know I could simply declare a global is_granted() function but that looks messy - I want the function only for use in the templates.

I can register the function with registerPlugin() and then use it like this:

Code:
{if {is_granted role='ROLE_ADMIN'}}

but this syntax is a bit convoluted. Can I register a function so that I can use the simpler syntax like in my earlier example?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a regular PHP function for that. No registering.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: