Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Keywords

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serzhik
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Keywords Reply with quote

Does anybody have outputplugin, that can found keywords throw the text and write it to "<meta keywords.. " text?
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, you either have to decide on your meta tags before you process your template or you have to process using multiple passes. This is because meta tags need go in your header while template content is typically generated after the header portion has been processed.
Serzhik
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But with postfilter function we can look throw the text of page, that had been generated, found most popular words and insert it to <meta keywords="...">
Why do you think that it not real?
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serzhik wrote:
Why do you think that it not real?

Not real? I'm sure I never said any such thing Wink In fact, it amounts to multiple passes. I'd also be interested to see an efficient solution that used included templates since these would each trigger the output filter as well -- unless special care was taken.

The way I do it is to not leave such things in the control of the display layer, but rather deduce them in the application layer which is sending the relevant data to the templates to begin with.

Anyways, you may be able to take ideas from phpGiggle if nothing else turns up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: