Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

{include} and include_path

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerard
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: {include} and include_path Reply with quote

Should {include} be able to use php's include_path? Since upgrading from 2.6.2, it's not working {include file="dir_in_include_path/smarty_template.html"}.

Quote:
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "dir_in_include_path/smarty_template.html" in Smarty-2.6.3/Smarty.class.php on line 1084

I've tried clearing my compiled templates as well.
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: {include} and include_path Reply with quote

gerard wrote:
Should {include} be able to use php's include_path?

I think it should not.
gerard
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this mean then?

Quote:
Smarty now correctly respects the PHP include_path for $template_dir, $compile_dir, $cache_dir, $config_dir and $plugin_dir. Be aware that relying on the include_path is an overhead, try to use absolute pathnames when possible (or relative to working directory.)

http://smarty.php.net/misc/RELEASE_NOTES
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it means that smarty uses include_path to search for $smarty->template_dir, if $smarty->template_dir is a relative path. don't mix that up with using include_path to search for templates. smarty doesn't do the latter.
gerard
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can $template_dir take an array (I thought I remember seeing somewhere that it could, but the docs don't say)? If so, if smarty can't find one of the dirs in cwd then will it try include_path?
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerard wrote:
Can $template_dir take an array (I thought I remember seeing somewhere that it could, but the docs don't say)?

yes, that works quite well. but it's not officially supported, that's why it is not documented.

Quote:
If so, if smarty can't find one of the dirs in cwd then will it try include_path?

i don't see the connection of this question to the first question of this post, but yes, that's they way how smarty searchs for $template_dir.
gerard
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys going to officially support $template_dir arrays and utilizing include_path, or is there a danger they'll be removed?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: