Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

No idea what i'm doing.. :(

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lantern
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: No idea what i'm doing.. :( Reply with quote

I have read the readme file, the install file, the online manual, and I honestly have no idea what I am doing. I'm on windows, and all i'm trying to do is get it to work. I don't have PHP or Apache installed on my computer. In my FTP, I uploaded the

libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php
libs/Smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php
libs/Smarty/Config_File.class.php
libs/Smarty/debug.tpl
libs/Smarty/core/*.php
libs/Smarty/plugins/*.php

to that file, so it would be www.mydomain.net/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php
then, I made a folder in libs/Smarty called stats, then create the template, template_c, etc. Did the index.tpl, did the index.php, and when I try to do index.php I get:

Code:
Warning: main(/usr/local/lib/php/Smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eve/public_html/smarty/stats/index.php on line 4

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/lib/php/Smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eve/public_html/smarty/stats/index.php on line 4

In index.php, I have tried paths like /public_html/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php, I have tried Smarty.class.php, I don't know what to do.. any help?
brat_
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Good try... Reply with quote

You don't need PHP or Apache installed on your local computer for Smarty to work, but I would recomend installing both so you can learn a little bit of both. Most web developers, including myself, have several computers with several different environments setup specifically for testing.

Now, as for your errors, its all in the path... The errors are basically saying "I can't find what you want..." Your host should be able to tell you what your home directory path is. If you want to learn a little more about PHP and such, my recomendation is to use the following code to find the directory path:

Code:
<?php
//Display the current path from root without the filename.
echo "Directory is " . dirname($_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED']);
?>

What is your wishlist for the perfect ISP? Email it to me!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: