Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Problem with variables from include()ed or require()d files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhomsher
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Problem with variables from include()ed or require()d files Reply with quote

I seem to be having a problem with setting variables from files included from a plugin.

For example:
I require() a file that sets up several variables (the file is used throughout the project):
require_once "/config/sitewide.php";

this sets a $basePath variable and an $adminPath that are used to determine where class files are located. Throughout the project I can then pull in the class like so:
require_once "$basePath$adminPath/modules/mymodule.class.php";

Unfortunately, when I try this same method from within a plugin (or even from a {php_include} directive the $basePath and $adminPath varibles are not set, although they appear in $GLOBALS.

I can include the file in the following way:
require_once "{$GLOBALS['basePath']}{$GLOBALS['adminPath']}/modules/mymodule.class.php";

but the class file uses the same methods to include other classes. The class ends up having the same problem with variables from an included file not being set.

Is this a limitation? My ignorance of the way things work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dave
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: