Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

html_options and selects

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisYu
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: html_options and selects Reply with quote

Hello people,

While using smarty almost for the whole day at the work, you sometimes get weird ideas on how to improve this tiny, cutie and very useful stuff you guys have brought to all of us Smile
So, what I've noticed and what I'd love to have is:

Ability to change the variable name (not only the prefix!) in date and time selects.

'selected' attribute in date and time selects.

Ability to set the select field disabled or/and readonly in html_options/datetime selects.

Modifiers on labels, so I can type something like that: {#mylabel|truncate:10#}. Yes, I can use (assuming) {$smarty.config.mylabel|truncate:10}, but... hey Wink

Ability to add javascript (in example: onselect/onclick/onchange behavior + submit) in html_options/date or time selects.

An option to add n-languages to month list in date select. Languages could go into smarty.config obviously.

Timerange. Okay, we all can code and we all can do it for ourselves with manually written inputs or two of date_selects combined, but if you're making an auto code for popups, mails and selects at all, the simple selection of timerange (time from - time to) could be a good idea as well.

No more thoughts.
However, smarty rocks badly and you guys are great Smile
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: html_options and selects Reply with quote

MisYu wrote:

Modifiers on labels, so I can type something like that: {#mylabel|truncate:10#}. Yes, I can use (assuming) {$smarty.config.mylabel|truncate:10}, but... hey Wink

You can already do {#foo#|bar:blah}

Is that what you meant?
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: html_options and selects Reply with quote

MisYu wrote:

Ability to add javascript (in example: onselect/onclick/onchange behavior + submit) in html_options/date or time selects.

An option to add n-languages to month list in date select. Languages could go into smarty.config obviously.

You can put your javascript on a select dropdown like so:

<select name=foo onclick="foobar();">
{html_options options=$myopts selected=$foo}
</select>

The month names in the date dropdowns are generated by strftime() to they should already be locale-aware.
MisYu
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, modifiers on config vars is what I meant, I've just misplaced hash, when trying to work around it, so I got syntax error.

Talking about month naming. Well, allright, however, currently we're making a system at work, that you have some date_selects for various issues. Also, everywhere you're able to change the language of the system. Ergo, the local awarness isn't something what I had on mind, because I can, in example, live in London and apart from that switch the language to German to polish my language skills. It would be cutie if we were able to do anything with the stuff that goes to time/date selects, what we want (so, not only the month naming, but also the naming of the vars).

Another thing, of which I couldn't sleep. We have got a cutie popup function. It would be great, if with it I would be able to init any file inside the popup, that I want to be inited. Currently I'm making it in a raw way:

<a href="javascript:myfunc('myfile.php?params',100,200);">foobar</a>

inside the myfile.php I'm supposed to set: $smarty->display('popup.tpl');

to view a template that I want to be popuped and to load inside anything I'd like. Would it be possible to init it *WITHOUT* php/javascript, with all variables being passed?

At the moment the steps are:
- javascripts summons the popup
- php loads smarty template inside it
- smarty does the evile work I want to

I'd like to change it to something much more familiar:
- smarty summons the popup
- inside the popup, I can use smarty and do the majik

In example:
<a href="#" {popup load="mywindow.tpl" sendvars=true winwidth=640 winheight=480}>summon!</a>
By clicking the link, smarty makes the popup window, loads a desired template inside and passes all variables from parent template. All in all, I'm getting a popup, without an external php I'm loading into it what I want, and I can use smarty inside it.

Thanks, mohrt, for your answer. Much appreciated Smile
And excuse me for bothering and disturbing, I'm just trying to be... smarter Wink
dthought
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisYu wrote:
In example:
<a href="#" {popup load="mywindow.tpl" sendvars=true winwidth=640 winheight=480}>summon!</a>
By clicking the link, smarty makes the popup window, loads a desired template inside and passes all variables from parent template. All in all, I'm getting a popup, without an external php I'm loading into it what I want, and I can use smarty inside it.

Smarty inherently relies on PHP... so you have to call a PHP file first. You can't open a Smarty file inside your web browser... well, you could, but it would be parsed as straight HTML.

There are ways to solve your dilemma... the easiest and most insecure is to have a variable that straight out includes a file - eg. ?myfile=somefile.tpl - however, this trusts the users not to be naughty with the URL - a bad move.

Something better would be... hmm...

$lookup_array = array('mypage' => array('template' => 'mytemplate.tpl', 'include_file' => 'myvariables.php');

and then use ?show=mypage

and in PHP read the stuff from $lookup_array[$show]

...that's probably the easiest way. Otherwise you're asking Smarty to dynamically write a PHP file - a bit crazy Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: