Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Integrating Smarty as a PN block?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewall
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Integrating Smarty as a PN block? Reply with quote

Okay, I'm convinced: I want to use Smarty for some of my upcoming PHP development. It's the first template engine that I really like the feel of!

However, one place I'd like to use Smarty is inside the PostNuke CMS (http://www.postnuke.com), preferably as a block inside a page with other elements. I've looked around but don't see any notes on that...

Has this already been done? Or, is there a developer out there familiar with both Smarty and PostNuke (or the other Nukes) who could offhand say how hard this might be to integrate?

TIA--
markwest
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smarty can be used in the current version of PN. For an example of this in practice take a look at the PostCalendar module. This makes active use of smarty throughout the module and it's blocks.

For the future PN .8 has incorporated into it the Xanthia theming engine and has added pnRender module and block rendering components. The theming engine and rendering components are wrappers around the functionality of smarty.

-Mark
ewall
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark!

I'll take a look at that module, and see if I can make my own module for the task I'm tackling.

Sounds like PN .8 will have some great new features and flexability.
markwest
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewall wrote:
Sounds like PN .8 will have some great new features and flexability.

It should do. My personal opiniion is that the package is now starting to look quite nice and very consistent. There's a flow the package that was peviously missing.

Good luck with your stuff and hope to see the announcement on postnuke.com shortly.

Also another module using Smarty is EZComments.

-Mark
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: