Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

digipanel.com uses Smarty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nulled
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: digipanel.com uses Smarty Reply with quote

I planned on and even started making my own Theme Building System. After learning about Smarty I can say that time building the Theme Builder has now become a waste... as I now see Smarty is the ONLY real way to code up a PHP application and allow the Presentation to be 100% seperated from the PHP code.

Smarty is smart... duh?

In fact... that has always been some what of a crutch was when your PHP execution and data/variable generation 'intermingled' with the HTML / CSS.

Smarty allowed a secure and 'clean' way to completely isolate the two areas. ( PHP and HTML )

Someone also mentioned that they use Smarty in a team environment. This allows people will specialties to NOT step on each others work. PHP Coders are not always the BEST web page designers. Smarty allows a way to seperate the two concepts.

Also, www.digipanel.com uses ioncube encorder and I needed a way to allow anyone to change the look and feel of ANY part of the presentation of DigiPanel. Smarty allows this without worry of exposing my PHP code. Infact ioncube.com even has a 'patch' which allows the encrytion of Smarty Templates... WOW.

Again Smarty is smart stuff...
Unbeatable Price
Fully Featured
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kjarli
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and they taste good
benmarco
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjarli wrote:
and they taste good
[img]hp://student.dcu.ie/~copains/fr489_02/experiences/images/smarties.jpg[/img]

I want some right now nukka!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: