Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Templates are not parsed 100% - why ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Templates are not parsed 100% - why ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm having strange problem parsing templates - please see - click "Check availability".

Generated by Smarty <?php .. ?> code is displayed - not parsed.
Please help.

http://www.nationalhotels.co.uk/booking/index.php?id=800109

Smarty version 2.5.0
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating. Can you please give a code example that leads to this? The relevant template sections would be helpful as would any involved custom plugins or filters.
hawk
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Templates parsing fails Reply with quote

It was working fine before, server admins told they haven't upgraded PHP
so this is a mistery why it stopped working. How can I send you code and the templates, do you have email ? Rolling Eyes
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping you would post some examples here. You benefit because it may take more than just my eyeballs to see the problem Smile. Alternatively, can you post a link to a code archive?

The fact that it worked before makes it all the more puzzling. Does clearing the cache/templates_c dirs help?
hawk
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, tried clearing templates_c with no luck.

I'm eager to hear if there is a solution, this never happened before.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by hawk on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tossed your code around for a bit (it looks like you had to chop the app up to make that demo) and made changes to get it work around missing bits of your app. There were also small problems which I ignored as I figure they don't exist in your real app (eg: sth like $hotel_info[total_cost] should have the total_cost either quoted or defined as a constant).

Anyhow, I found that it was not creating the problem you identified. I don't know why. I would take a closer look at your common.php file. To get your example to compile on my box, I actually moved all of the code in that file directly into the head of index.php. Note that you needn't include the compiler class as Smarty will do that (but only if required).

Have you tested on a different box yet?

I am suspicious of your xml connection/handling. I did manage to get your server to send back results, but I think it was partly luck on my part Smile

I hope you have good luck!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: