Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How to use Smarty Template in Eocene Framework

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
takrimkphp
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: How to use Smarty Template in Eocene Framework Reply with quote

I am using Eocene FrameWork Designed by Deepak Gupta available on
www.Eocene.net. I am trying to use Smarty as a template engine .
I have Implemented one very simple smarty template . But For plugins
like html_table it is not working.

Pls Help me out Thank!!!!!!

Razz

Last edited by takrimkphp on Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
AZTEK
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this would be a better question to ask on the Eocene Framework forums, since we off hand have no idea how they implemented their themes engine
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean its not working with eocene or its just plain not working?

I'm just looking at the Eocene docs now. Two things strike me:

- there's a lot of overhead,
- MVC class based means its probably not going to be fast plus you'll be mind-managing many different related files.

Many people don't think that MVC is a good idea for websites (for some very technical reasons). Many also think that MVC on PHP4 is a bad idea in general (again, for some very technical reasons). I won't go into the reasons. Google can provide that information.

Even where MVC is suitable, it usually doesn't pay dividends unless you are dealing with a large and complex application that requires a lot of ongoing maintenance.

Eocene, doesn't look like a bad system, I guess, but you'll have to weigh that out, especially since Smarty adds its own (slight but not neglible) overhead.

Also, if you can't get Smarty to work properly with Eocene, perhaps it is a problem with Eocene itself (or the way you are using it). No offence, nor am I trying to knock Eocene, but I worry when someone trying to use a completely object-oriented programming framework can't integrate other libraries into it. I also have to scratch my head: Eocene already provides templating tools making integrating Smarty into it superfluous.

Anyhow, if you intend to continue, please provide specific details of your issue if you want help with it. In the meantime, try re-reading the following from the Smarty manual: Basic Install and Advanced Install.

Good luck!
bmadigan
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Here you go Reply with quote

Try this link, it might help

http://www.eocene.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6
takrimkphp
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Smarty plugins is also working.
thnks for ur attention
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: