Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

smartyValidate criteria usuage {if} {else}

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enirp
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: smartyValidate criteria usuage {if} {else} Reply with quote

First off, just like to say, great system. Takes a huge load off of my current project load. Now, to just figure out some basics to get me going.

1. The below code I'm wondering about criteria, can it be left blank or just simply left out? Only operation I'm doing on it is a transform. I don't care about numbers, empty, etc.

Code:

<td align="right">Address (line 2) </td>
        <td valign="top"><input name="schaddline2" type="text" value="{$schaddline2|escape}"></td>
        <td align="center">&</td>
        <td align="center" class="style5">{validate field="schaddline2" criteria="" transform="trim"} </td>

2. The field 'teachphone' can be left blank, but if it's not blank I want to check to see if it's a number. How would I first check to see if its notEmpty then isNumber?
Code:

<td align="right">Phone Number </td>
        <td valign="top"><input name="teachphone" type="text" value="{$teachphone|escape}"></td>
        <td align="center"><span class="style5">*</span></td>
        <td align="center"> { POINT OF QUESTION}</td>
grandma
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: check out the README! Reply with quote

ad 1.
Quote:
dummyValid
----------

example:
{validate field="StartDate" criteria="dummyValid" transform="makeDate"}

"dummyValid": this is a dummy criteria that always validates to true. This is useful to apply a transformation to a field without actually applying a validation.

ad 2.
Quote:
EMPTY
-----

{validate field="foo" ... empty="yes"}

"empty" determines if the field is allowed to be empty or not. If allowed, the validation will be skipped when the field is empty. Note this is ignored with the "notEmpty" criteria.

Discreet advise: read the README carefully!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: