Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Form management

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Form management Reply with quote

I've tried a couple of Form plugins for the Smarty engine and have ben unsuccessful with all of them. Mostly due to pre-filter errors i think Sad

Does anybody use any kind of Form handling plugins?
The two I've tried are:

SmartyForm
HTML Forms generation and validation

Both of which are listed on the Smarty Resources page. If anybody who has got them working (apart fro mthe author themselves! Very Happy ) - which is the most powerful?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aloner
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[offtopic]
I'm working right now on form support system for Smarty. Probably will release it quite soon. It supposed to be easy to use and flexible. Smile
[/offtopic]
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's on topic here Wink

I got SmartyForm working. The documentation stinks Mad but it seems the prefilter fails to even work if the form doesn't have a submit button defined between the {formprocessor}{/formprocessor} tags!

Still trying to understand what you can actually do with the validation though - and how the 'step' works to have multiple parts to a form, kind of like a wizard approach.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has nobody used SmartyForm then? Sad I really don't understand what it can do. The very basic example template file is not in English and doesn't really appear to do much.

Trial and error use isn't getting me anywhere fast either.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: