Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

SmartyValidate: why won't my assign assign, dammit?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dariog
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: SmartyValidate: why won't my assign assign, dammit? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to validate an integer field with smartyValidate.

[php:1:62076909bc]<?php

{validate field="$field_name" criteria="isInt" message="$field_label must be an integer!" assign="anything"}

?>[/php:1:62076909bc]

(The fields are dynamically generated, i.e there is a template for each type of field, and however many of each type are needed are included by a PHP script)

However, when i do:

[php:1:62076909bc]<?php

Errors: {$anything}

?> [/php:1:62076909bc]

There is no output!

Help!
dariog
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Well, figured it out myself. Its something to do with the session vars that SmartyValidate uses to store its data.

The solution is just to flush your session vars (close your browser or call session_destroy()).

Thanks guys, great Add-on!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: