Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

insert/include/fetch etc subpage caching

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datamile
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: insert/include/fetch etc subpage caching Reply with quote

Ok, still on moving my app to 2.5 with caching.

If I three possible subpage items. Each generated by DB access which I want to minimize via caching

a) Search Box
b) Seach Results
c) Search item details.

Ok page 1 has subpage a , page 2 subpages a,b and page 3 has subpages a,b,c.

Now its is possible so cache subpage b into order to stop me has to populated it page 3.

I'm guess here , but does fetch generate cache files even if I don't display them , and if so is there a way to standard include the cache subpage on page 2 and 3. Include doesn't appear to be able to use cache links.

Guess I'm looking for compenentized template caching
Wom.bat
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually do include_phps in my index.tpl, and in the php files, I enable caching and display/fetch the template... it's that easy Smile
datamile
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I;m kinda figuring it out.

If you use include_php then the subpages are referred to as $this instead of $smarty. This is causing some restructuring as modules are shared so I'm having two sets of modules until I can fix this.

On the caching etc front.

Does the include_php get called even if the outer page is cached or do I have to use insert to get around that. Or do I turn off caching for the holding page and just cache the subpages ?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: