Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

SmartyPaginate 1.3 released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: SmartyPaginate 1.3 released Reply with quote

Main feature addition: you can now group your pagination links so only a segment of the total pages show up in the navigation.

1.3 March 9th, 2005
-------------------

* added HTML attribute passthru (monte)
* add pagination grouping limits (monte, Josef Whiter)
* fix bug in paginate_* UrlVar setting (Fernando_AndrX, monte)
* fix functions paginate_* urls to be XHTML compliant (kilburn, monte)
* add the assign() method and new {$paginate} vars to the README (monte)
AjRap2
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was on time lol. I was just coming to get 1.2 Very Happy
Jeremy-
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the online doc PLEASE be edited to include a full MySQL query SmartyPaginate method demo? I know it's touched on a little bit, but I'd like to see a full block of code I could copy and paste, then edit for my needs. I'm just having a lot of trouble getting it to work for me at the moment and seeing it as it should be done would be the biggest help possible. Thanks Smile
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose an example could be put in there, although every DB implementation is different.

Under the IMPLEMENTATION section of the README, it spells out exactly what needs to happen in detail in the case you are using MySQL.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how you might write the get_db_results() function from the SYNOPSIS example using MySQL:

[php:1:3c905d4f4d]function get_db_results() {

$_link = mysql_connect('mysql_host', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'));
mysql_select_db('my_database');

$_query = sprintf("SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM my_table LIMIT %d,%d",
SmartyPaginate::getCurrentIndex(), SmartyPaginate::getLimit());

$_result = mysql_query($_query));

while ($_row = mysql_fetch_array($_result, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
// collect each record into $_data
$_data[] = $_row;
}

// now we get the total number of records from the table
$_query = "SELECT FOUND_ROWS()";
$_result = mysql_query($_query));
$_row = mysql_fetch_array($_result, MYSQL_ASSOC);

SmartyPaginate::setTotal($_row['FOUND_ROWS']);

mysql_free_result($_result);
mysql_close($_link);

return $_data;

}[/php:1:3c905d4f4d]
netnamues
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this error:

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_orders.php on line 18

That line states:
SmartyPaginate::connect();

I'm getting an error like this for every SmartyPaginate:: that is in the code... any suggestions?

Btw, the output still works, i just get these errors before it.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you passing the Smarty object?

$smarty = new Smarty;

SmartyPaginate::connect($smarty);
netnamues
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing that actually printed out more errors...

Code:
Code:
    SmartyPaginate::connect();

Output:
Quote:
Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 17

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 51

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 19

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 21

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 24

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 24

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 26

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 38

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 238

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 239

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 240

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 223

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 224

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 225

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 241

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 223

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 224

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 225

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 241

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 242

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 242

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 244

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 245

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 246

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 247

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 248

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 249

Code:
Code:
    SmartyPaginate::connect($smarty);

Output:
Quote:
Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 17

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 43

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 44

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 71

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 51

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 148

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 19

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 21

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 26

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/modules/mod_customers.php on line 38

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 238

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 239

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 240

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 244

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 245

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 246

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 247

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 248

Warning: Problem with method call - please report this bug in /home/mividdes/public_html/oms/includes/smarty/SmartyPaginate.class.php on line 249
OMS
[/code]
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen that problem, although some google searching revealed this:

A bit more searching revealed that this was a problem with PHP 4 (to be
addressed in PHP 5) when calling classes statically. The solution? Add a @
on the front-end of the line and everything works fine.

So maybe apply an "@" in front of the static method call as a workaround?
netnamues
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I promise I didn't do ANYTHING between now and when I posted last, but the error seemed to have cleared up.

If it appears again, I will try the @

Thanks for your help!
netnamues
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks also for a great add-on!
jalefkowit
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: page_limit not working? Reply with quote

Hey --

first off, thanks for the great tool! It's a real timesaver.

I grabbed 1.3 and was excited to see the page_limit option on {paginate_middle}, since I was having a problem on a project I'm working on with the page #s running out of control and breaking my layout. This sounded like just the thing to solve the problem

However -- when I went into my template and changed

Code:
{paginate_middle}

to

Code:
{paginate_middle page_limit="5"}

... nothing happened. I still get the complete listing of pages spit out on the page. It doesn't seem to respect the page limit setting.

Is there another setting somewhere I have to tweak to enable page_limit? Or am I just missing something? (entirely possible Smile )

Thanks!

-- Jason Lefkowitz
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you replace the page_middle plugin?
jalefkowit
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, duh. No.

Embarassed

Excuse me while I go bang my head into the desk for a while Very Happy
oPT
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: prefix/suffix attribute for paginate_middle Reply with quote

I'm looking at the paginate_middle function addon - and I don't see any prefix/suffix attribute for BEFORE the <a href=

Is that accurate?

I want to clean up the pages so there are spaces in between the links - that and create a [ <a href="">PageNumber</a> ] so the brackets don't actually have a link on them.

Am I missing something?

Thx,

oPT
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: