Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

What a smarty tags project?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zayhen
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: What a smarty tags project? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Don't you think it would be nice to have some kind of project just Struts on Java for Smarty and PHP?

I think we could turn to better usage level if we unified our work on creating a lot of powerfull {tags} and sharing than in a common place. Just like Struts.

Did not any of you ever wanted it did exist a {login}, {errormessages}, {popup} and even more tags?

So if does exist anybody that help me with this project, please, just post here.

http://www.cliqueaqui.com.br
webdesign, webdevelopment, web everything!!!
Duncan
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea, but the problem with such plugins is that they need to be very open usage wise.
e.g.: I doubt that I would be using a login plugin type, since most of the scripts are using a login system that is required to be tied into the script in such a way, that it would leave it very limited for reusage on other projects.

However, it would be good to put some ideas for plugins into a pool and see if those can be released by the community here. Cool
zayhen
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the problem of php. People reinventing the wheel again and again...

I think we need to adopt some kind of framework, well at least I need one.

And a tags pool would be a good practice too. I think we can share the way we program and develop if we use the same set of tags.

http://www.cliqueaqui.com.br
webdesign, webdevelopment, web everything!!!
Duncan
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zayhen wrote:
This is the problem of php. People reinventing the wheel again and again...

Nah,
it's not about reinventing, but about useability.
Pear packages provide excellent classes & functions on the php side of things, but when I'm thinking about the projects where I've used smarty then there wouldn't be one smarty plugin I would need or use for all of them, due to being tailored to the specific projects needs.

Just from the top of my head I recall the request and attempts to make phpBB a smarty plugin.
That's a neat idea and if it *would* be possible to tie it into the script, then it would surely be a good example of the plugin reusability.
TGKnIght
Smarty Junkie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the framework I have been working on for the past couple months at my new company.

http://www.fusebox.org

I have successfully integrated FuseBox, Smarty, SmartyValidate, SmartyPaginate, ADOdb, Snoopy, and a couple of my own custom classes.

Being a ColdFusion programmer in previous iterations of my life, FuseBox really helped as far as structure to your coding. The newest FuseBox 4.1 is far advanced from my first encounter with it nearly 5 years ago.

The thing I really like is that FuseBox is almost like a "code abstraction layer" as the "super-logic", as I like to call it, is written in XML, then cached as either PHP or ColdFusion code.[/php]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: