Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

smarty_function_pager examples?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renster
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: smarty_function_pager examples? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had anymore complete examples of how to use smarty_function_pager. There is a online example included with the plugin but being the newb that I am, I can't get it to work. Even tried a simpler array than my example below but still no love.

Here is the example.

Code:
<{pager rowcount=$LISTDATA.rowcount limit=$LISTDATA.limit txt_first=$L_MORE class_num="fl" class_numon="fl" class_text="fl"}>

I am getting data out of a mySQL table containing country_id and country_name, into an associate array as per most standard examples and was outputting it to a simple table using {section} in the template. Straightforward (code shown for completeness). But with 230+ rows I wanted some pagination.

Code:
$db = DB::connect($dsn);
$sql = "SELECT country_id,country_name FROM country_table";

$countries = $db->getAll($sql, DB_FETCHMODE_ASSOC);

$smarty->assign('countries', $countries);

$smarty->display('body.tpl');

$db->disconnect();

and tpl

Code:
<html>
<head></head>
<body>
<table>
{section name="i" loop=$countries}
  <tr bgcolor="{cycle values="#ffffff,#bbbbbb"}">
      <td>{$countries[i].country_id}</td>
      <td>{$countries[i].country_name}</td>
   </tr>
{/section}
</table>
</body>
</html>

now how do I use pager? I tried adapting the example a few different ways with various complaints about no $limit set.

Any help appreciated. I was previously using pager and table classes from pear and had that working successfully but wanted a smarty way of doing it. Should I just be dealing with this with php code rather than through smarty plugins?
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the same plugin as I'm using (by Pete Dudas?) then I can help you. I helped debug his plugin and got some new helpful stuff added.

Here's the Smarty code I use - placed in its own file then included at the bottom of any templates i use to display database records Very Happy
Code:

{math equation="$totalRecords / $perPage" assign="totalPages"}
{pager rowcount=$totalPages limit=1 shift=1 pos="pos" no_first=true separator="|" class_num="pager_num" class_numon="pager_numon" class_text="pager_text" txt_pos="side"}

$totalRecords = total number of results your paging through
$perPage = how many per page

now just set up some style sheet code to change the look of the displayed numbers. Magic! Its a great little plugin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idxman01
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get odd URL's with this plugin.

eg:

Code:

{pager rowcount=$total_pages limit=1 posvar="offset" no_first=false separator="|" txt_pos="side"}

produces:
Code:

http://domain/foo/index.php&offset=0

Shouldn't it be index.php?offset=0 ?

Also the offsets are off. If viewing page 1 for the first time offset is 0, but I set it to 1 for retrieval purposes.

Code:

$offset = isset($vars['offset'])
      ? $vars['offset']
      : $_SESSION['offset'];

if (!$offset) {
      $offset = 1;
   }

$_REQUEST['offset'] = $offset;
   $_GET['offset']     = $offset;

$sess->register('offset');

^the session remembers what page I'm on, so I don't have to fuss with the url's.

Any ideas?

-r
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idxman01 wrote:
I get odd URL's with this plugin.

eg:

Code:

{pager rowcount=$total_pages limit=1 posvar="offset" no_first=false separator="|" txt_pos="side"}

produces:
Code:

http://domain/foo/index.php&offset=0

Shouldn't it be index.php?offset=0 ?

Have you downloaded the recent plugin update (recent as in March 2003) ? I had the same problem but the author fixed it. If the code isn't updated online I can send you a working version of the same plugin.
Quote:

Also the offsets are off. If viewing page 1 for the first time offset is 0, but I set it to 1 for retrieval purposes.
-r

In my example you will see I used an attribute
Code:
shift=1

stick that magic piece in and all offsets are shifted by 1. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
idxman01
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just download it from http://smarty.php.net/contribs/plugins/ the other day and it lists 2 changes in March'03.

-r
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idxman01 wrote:
I just download it from http://smarty.php.net/contribs/plugins/ the other day and it lists 2 changes in March'03.

-r

Does this mean that it still don't work? I can email you the 10k pager file if you wish?
duda
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The present version from the author can be found at http://www.netrendorseg.hu/smarty_contrib/function.pager.phps
Hopefully Budda sends me his improvments so I can merge it into the official release:)
idxman01
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
* Last Modified: July 7, 2003

Sweet.. Futureware. Very Happy

I'll have to try it at work sometime soon.. Last time I tried budda's version (w/ the 4.14 changes), but it was doing something weird with the page numbers.. Can't recall exactly what it was at this point.

-r
risto
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: still not making sence Reply with quote

what needs to be done to have the pager affect the array? it prints it all out anywhat!
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: still not making sence Reply with quote

risto wrote:
what needs to be done to have the pager affect the array? it prints it all out anywhat!
What do you mean by "affect the array" ? Confused
risto
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: so effect Reply with quote

wel I get the pager up, but im still displaying the hole array, its not limiting the output! how doo I doo this?
risto
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

forget it! forget it!
pt2002
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Quote:
The present version from the author can be found at http://www.netrendorseg.hu/smarty_contrib/function.pager.phps

It seems this link doesn't exist anymore.

Could someone provide a link to the enanced code or send it to me by email ?

TIA
aholtzmann
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Updated pager Plugin Reply with quote

I think I've managed to track down the code for the final version of the pager plugin. I've updated the Wiki entry so you should be able to grab a copy of it there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adar
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

i am still trying to get it to work... i did

Code:

{pager rowcount=$result[0].num limit=1 shift=1 pos="pos" no_first=true separator="|" class_text="pager_text" txt_pos="side"}

Die Suche hat {$result[0].num} Ergebnisse erbracht.<br><br><br>
<table width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="1">
{section name=idx loop=$result}
<tr class="oheader"><td colspan="2" height="35">Thema:&{$result[idx].topic_title}</td></tr>
<tr>
<td rowspan="2" valign="top" bgcolor="{cycle}">{$result[idx].poster}</td>
<td bgcolor="{cycle}">Forum:&{$result[idx].forum}&&Verfasst am:&{$result[idx].time}&&Titel:&{$result[idx].title}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="{cycle}">{$result[idx].posting}</td>
</tr>
{/section}
</table>

and it prints out what i wanted:

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 26 | 36 | 46 | 56 | 66 | 76 | 86 | 96 | 106 Next

but when i go to page 2, my $result - Array is gone...normal?
how to do it?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: