Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

html_options leaving me hanging

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reformed1
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: html_options leaving me hanging Reply with quote

Is there any known problem or trick to get html_options to work with a default value? For example, I have this in an html_options structure:

Code:
{html_options options=$projectList selected=$info.5}

Now, $info.5 is comming from my database array and works everywhere else I use it except here. Even if I put a quoted string after the selected statement, my drop down does not show it. I have tried many different combinations to no avail. Any suggestions?

Rolling Eyes
reformed1
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to answer my own question and just in case anyone runs into this same problem, I miss-understood how the selected option works. You can't just put in an abitrary string, you must enter an index of the array that your are displaying.

I was hoping to put in a value that would appear in my drop down menu by default that said "choose" or something, but as far as I can tell this cannot be done. You can only display an index of your array. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: