Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

header and footer question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coptang
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: header and footer question Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to smarty but I've had a read of the docs and can't find an answer to my question:

My site header is very personalised and would require about 5 or 6 differnt var's passed to it. Do I have to do the following with each page template or is there an easier way?

{include file="header.tpl" var1=$var1 var2=$var2 var3=$var3 var4=$var4 var5=$var5}
page content, page content, page content, page content, page content, page content, page content, page content.
{include file="footer.tpl"}
toma
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to assign page specific parameters before including the files:

{assign var="title" value="Page Title"}
{include file="header.tpl"}
coptang
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been playing a bit more and I think I'm going to use 3 smarty objects/templates: header, content and footer then just render them 1 after the other

unless that's horribly inefficient?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: