Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

From 3 weeks to 3 days to launch the site

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CirTap
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: From 3 weeks to 3 days to launch the site Reply with quote

Hello,
before I discovered Smarty, I had the usual bunch of PHP files, dozends of functions looping through arrays to format a table or a form. With the help of some specialized tools, things became more centralized, but changing the site's design or adding new elements was always a hard task and in some cases impossible.
The average time to "develop" a dynamic, customized website took about three - four weeks.

In our latest projects we kicked all the stuff away, kept nothing but the db-layer and some general tools and let Smarty do the job.
The HTML is created with Dreamweaver and with a few cut'n'pastes we have all the bits we need and go: three days and all is set up and running. Now we're waiting for the client to write the content files Smile

With Smarty installed on the site, we can grab data from the forums and/or guestbook database and have a Newsflash, Quotes of the Day and many more appear whereever we want, in an amazing short time.

Many Thanx!
ekutsenko
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I know what you feel. It was a new level of my development skills when I start using Smarty.

Now I'm not a developer, I'm team leader. But I hardly recommend to use Smarty to every new programmer who join our team, like they do it in our last project (movie downloads store).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: