Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

A FCKeditor issue with IE6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackhawkmx
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: A FCKeditor issue with IE6 Reply with quote

Sup people.
I recently installed the fckeditor into my smarty/php dynamic site, and was pleased to see how well it was working in Firefox. When I tested the same features in IE6, I cried - not out of joy but out of sorrow.

For some reason in IE6, I couldn't dynamically upload my FCKeditor content to my database. That was my issue allll day. Couldn't load it up no matter how many times I pressed the submit button.

The solution wasn't modifying my fckconfig.js file (another story), but it was rather my php variable naming conventions! I used the same php variable names for sending and receiving on $_POST. Fckeditor didn't like that so I gave them different names and now everything works perfectly in both browsers.

Hope this helps someone out there Surprised
Dee
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Blackhawkmx,

Wondering if you could put this in layman terms.

Have a directory and loads up fine in FF, but in IE6 there is a space between my topbar file and main file, which cannot seem to fix.......

Thank You,
Dee
nmthaker
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: facing problem in using fckeditor Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to use fckeditor. I have php file as below.

fack.php

include("../fckeditor/fckeditor.php");
$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('article_desc');
$oFCKeditor->BasePath = '../fckeditor/';
$oFCKeditor->Value = "";
$oFCKeditor->Width = '70%' ;
$oFCKeditor->Height = '300' ;
$editor_create=$oFCKeditor->Create();

fack.html

table width="100%" border="1">
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td><div align="center">
<p>{fckeditor BasePath="/fckeditor/" InstanceName="test" Width="650px" Height="300px"} </p>

</div> </td>
</tr>
</table>

This show me fack eaditor very properly. I want to use this fack editor at 2 -3 place with same code how can i do so please help me out..

Thanks

Nishit
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: