Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Testimony from Brian E. Lozier

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Testimony from Brian E. Lozier Reply with quote

"I just got my first paying contract for a local small business and in my
program I'm using Smarty. Smarty is an absolute joy to work with -
at first, I didn't like the idea of populating variables/arrays and then
assigning those directly (since I'd been using FastTemplates for so long),
but after using this system for a while, I don't think I can ever go back
(I even switched my Perl template engine to HTML-Template-2.4 which
operates on the same concepts). Anyway, thanks for saving me time and
headache!"
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Translating is a fun Reply with quote

Translating older templates into Smarty is a fun.
Things like perl templates are readable and we can write well imporved scripts using Smarty/PHP again and remake these legacies.

Personally, I was surprised when more people contacted me to work on their older systesm. Sometimes, I thought, I should not work on the oldies while there are many new things to work on.

But later, I thought about their survival - they wanted to migrate the page back into an improved system. Most of them were written at least a decade ago. And, I enjoyed translating how people programed in the history.

And probably, jouniors would find it too difficult to work it out with less errors. Probably, I was leading a part of the revolution of giving new lives to old works.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: