Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty and the image directory

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irishsk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Smarty and the image directory Reply with quote

I am trying to understand this.

If I set the template directory above the web root for security reasons won;t I then suffer issues with the paths for things like images?

Does it mean that I have to put the image directory above the web root also, or make all images absolute paths, or would I end up with images that have paths that start above the www directory id the image directory is below the web root?

Not sure, but figured it was worth asking.

Sean
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are talking about editing templates with a wysiwyg, yes?

There are several ways to deal with this (if you search the forums you should find some threads). I recall a post that detailed using filters to automatically rewrite img tags.
irishsk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, using a wsysiwyg.

I have been trying to use the re-write postfilter or pre-filter, the only issue is that I still have to keep track of versioning with the images which can be a pain if you have a page that is pulling images from different directories under the images folder. Also, it means I have to try and accomodate for each type of image path that needs to be re-written.

Essentially, there is no reason that I couldn't just place the templates and the cache folders below the web root and then the config and cache above the web root is there? That should solve my issue right?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: