Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

cmsms+cs cart and smarty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Frameworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabrieluk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: cmsms+cs cart and smarty Reply with quote

Hi,i develop sites using cs cart and joomla,but i never did a template for them by myself.I always hacked some pre made template,smarty for cs cart and rocket theme template for the joomla.
The problem is that they are very different designs,joomla and cs cart.So,now i decided to learn smarty to be able to produce cs cart templates and i would like to abandon joomla and adopt cmsms(as it uses smarty also).
Now the question.After learning smarty,and lets say creating a skin for cs cart,would i be able to implement the same skin created for cs into cmsms??
All tips ,tricks and help are welcome(this is a big step for me)
!!!! Very Happy
elpmis
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an example how to insert extern smarty software like Zen-Cart inside CMSms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jMeb-6bbA
http://www.studio-owens.com/code/cmsms-shop-skin-helper.htm

Maybe it will help at CS cart too (dont know this software).
gabrieluk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh boy!Thank you sooooo much,that's everything i need.It doesn't support cs nativelly but it is possible to customize it for.I will do it,no matter what,even if i have to become a php geek!!! Smile Surprised Very Happy Laughing
gabrieluk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi elpmis,
I just i had one more tough that i would like to confirm with you.I started to use cmsms and i dont like much cause there's no very good modules to extend site functionality as joomla has.I searched on google,and i found a thread a bit old wich talk about a joomla module that you can create smarty templates for Joomla
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=646751

but for some strange reason i cannot find this module.it looks not supported anymore.You think there's some suggestion to convert a joomla template ,to a smarty based template? Wink
elpmis
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value of existing extensions is not the point for a decision Wink.

And CMS made simple has currently over 700 extensions

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/

And by the way - CMS made simple is really modular and follows another way to extend. For example there's a module combo FEU/CustomContent, which can be used for most login procedures. So not every new extension needs a login procedure cause the existing one can be used easily.

For shopping you can use products, cart and order module.

AND - I'm not a Joomla! geek Wink (seen,laughed,deleted)
gabrieluk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for your visions and insigths about Joomla!,but i would like to know why u "laughed".Cause it was inferior then other cms's or cause is too complicated to do anything on it?
Also,the strongest thing that made me wrote this thread,was the integration of smarty templates trough cross platforms.So in the end,if is joomla or cmsms,is a matter of how can i integrate the template with cs cart.So ,maybe is a huge step for me(maybe too big),learn a new cms,with all his bugys and spefic setups and hacks to work properly.Trough my quest,i found joomla is based on pattemplate system.So my question would be how to convert a pattemplate to a smarty one.All the respect for the cmsms,but i think i will stay with the cumbersome giant called Joooomla!
Very Happy
elpmis
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun with Joomla - as you said it's a giant, cumbersome and not easy to handle.

Things, you could do on other CMS like CMSms, Drupal, Contao, ModX, Silverstripe and so on with a finger snip, are a little bit difficultier to do on Joomla. Cant understand the success Rolling Eyes

And the important difference is - CMSms bases on Smarty, you have nothing to do, but on Joomla you have some things to do to get it work

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=646751

And i'm not sure if it will work like you want and extensions support that.
gabrieluk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Thank you for helping me!And yeahhh,i think now i'am in love with a new cms that will fulfill my goals.DRUPAL.Wonderfull and stable.I installed in my account and it works very nice.The extensions are very good and professional,and the best it works with smarty!!! Laughing
Also,i checked the link you sent me about joomla and Smarty ,it's not supported any longer :/
I'm so happy,cause when i wrote in my last post that i would stay with J***! my heart srink.Do you have any links that would point how to integrate a drupal smarty template and a cs(or other eccomerce) template,like the first example you gave me in the beginning of the thread?I think this is the end of the quest.... Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Frameworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: