Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How to avoid validate form not registered error on Back?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoB
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: How to avoid validate form not registered error on Back? Reply with quote

I've built an application using validation on several forms. Once I figured out how to make all the pieces play nicely together I was quite pleased. I've stumbled into a situation, though, that has me stumped.

In this application, each of the forms is registered before the form is displayed. For the specific instance at issue, there is a client form that can lead to a client contact form. If, from the contact form, one clicks the back button, one gets a series of "form not registered" errors, presumably one for each field being validated. The form not registered is the original client form.

What is the recommended method for avoiding this behavior?

Many thanks.

George
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to watch when you disconnect/clear a form, and make sure it coincides with how a user goes through the process. if a form is not registered, that means it got cleared, or was never registered. Another option is to avoid back button situations with a redirect. (ie. redirect to the 2nd form so the back button is ineffective)
geoB
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll see what I can do with this. I know I still don't fully grok how all the pieces fit together.

George
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: