Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

weird behaviour of smarty-enabled prestashop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Frameworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dana
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: weird behaviour of smarty-enabled prestashop Reply with quote

Hello

I'm running a the latest version of prestashop (1.6.0) using smarty

Sometimes, I run into a fatal error and page crashes. After refreshing, sometimes the content is displayed correctly but after the next refresh, the fatal error appears again:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_function_counter() in /var/home/creative/public_html/prestashop/cache/smarty/compile/64/07/0c/64070c9e2a16ec22a9787505a8ff909c28d1654f.file.blockcart.tpl.php on line 330

Other examples are

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_regex_replace() in /var/home/creative/public_html/prestashop/cache/smarty/compile/eb/c4/1c/ebc41c914e2c3f1aa8e5f143e7d78cc84ddc7c6c.file.list_content.tpl.php on line 280

or

Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_replace() in /var/home/creative/public_html/prestashop/cache/smarty/compile/eb/c4/1c/ebc41c914e2c3f1aa8e5f143e7d78cc84ddc7c6c.file.list_content.tpl.php on line 280

All 3 files modifier.replace.php, modifier.regex_replace.php and function.counter.php are in place and files permissions are now 777

Did anyone else encounter this problem ? Does anybody have a hint ?
Any help is highly appreciated

[/img]
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the problem intermittent or consistent? It appears that the plugins are not (always) accessible/readable. Are the files accessed over a shared file system?
Dana
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Monte

The problem is intermittent and not related to any change I make in back-end.
The files are accessed over a shared file system

Thank you in advance
Dana
Dana
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

As I move on with the problem, I started changing the compiled template

So in order to address the error
[15-May-2014 11:21:06 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_function_counter() in /var/home/datanetw/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/0e/43/dc/0e43dc05a802348ebc691d30cce30e3ab0590acf.file.blockcart.tpl.php on line 533

in 0e43dc05a802348ebc691d30cce30e3ab0590acf.file.blockcart.tpl.php I added

<?php
echo file_get_contents('/var/home/datanetw/public_html/tools/smarty/plugins/function.counter.php');
echo "<br/>";
var_dump(is_callable('smarty_function_counter'));
?>

right after

if (!is_callable('smarty_function_counter')) include '/var/home/datanetw/public_html/tools/smarty/plugins/function.counter.php';
?>

It appears that in all cases file_get_contents gets the function.counter.php correctly. When the normal page content is correctly loaded the result of is_callable is bool(true) while when the fatal error appears the result is bool(false)

Any hint about a function not being callable, even if the file_get_contents is available ?

Thank you in advance
Dana
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any errors in the php log files that indicate the include() did not work? there has to be an intermittent file access issue here. Do you have another environment to test on?
Dana
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Monte

There are no warnings in error_log about include() failing.

However, error_reporting is E_ALL | E_STRICT (as of php 5.3.25) and when trying to include a non-existing 'aaa_aaa' file I get the right warning

[16-May-2014 09:03:50 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/var/home/datanetw/public_html/tools/smarty/plugins/function.aaa_aaa.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/home/datanetw/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/d4/40/d1/d440d11f5f97dc4b682870c6b05b01528fad95b1.file.blockcontactinfos.tpl.php on line 30

The error I have "PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function ..." leads me to the conclusion that the smarty plugins are included in the compiled templates, but somehow they are not callable / usable.

Any hint ?
Thank you
Dana
Dana
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Monte,

I'm writing this post for future reference, so if someone else encounters the same problem, they do not spend the time I spent on this

I took your second advice and changed the hosting provider - for the second one everything worked ok right from the beginning.

Then I compared (phpinfo) the 2 environments. In the end, the cause proved to be eAccelerator enabled on the first provider server. When disabled, everything worked just great

So, I would in no circumstance use a prestashop 1.6.0 enabled website on an eAccelerator 0.9.6.1 enabled webserver, for reasons that are now unclear to me and I don't have access to inspect

In the end, thank you for your help and your hints
Dana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Frameworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: