Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Reserved word in function name???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netmonster
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reserved word in function name??? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have created a function:

Code:

function smarty_function_form_close()
{
    return '</form>';
}

When i trying to use it, i receive a Fatal Error: Syntax error in template ".\app\views\register.tpl" on line 100 "{form_close}" unknown tag "form_close".

When i rename the function to smarty_function_form_blah() and i use it in template everything is OK. Is it possible that the problem is in word "close" in function name?

Sorry for my poor english Smile
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed this is an undocumented restriction. Plugins should not end with 'close'. There is an ambiguity in the compiler with closing block tags.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: