Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Namespaced Smarty instance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemon Juice
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Namespaced Smarty instance Reply with quote

I was wondering if there are any plans for releasing namespaced smarty for phph 5.3+? I once had a need to have objects of separate Smarty versions because I was embedding a library from one project into another project and both projects used different Smarty versions so in order to keep them separate I wanted to load the other smarty instance into a new namespace. However, because of PHP design deficiency this would mean changing Smarty code and inserting namespace declarations into Smarty files. Fortunately, I was in charge of both projects so I managed to refactor the code to use just one Smarty library - but that is not always the case!

Sometimes I may not be allowed to touch anything in existing code and would prefer to keep everything separate and simply ship a separate Smarty library in my library/plugin without clashing or depending on any Smarty libraries being present in the base project.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Namespaced Smarty instance Reply with quote

Lemon Juice wrote:
I once had a need to have objects of separate Smarty versions because I was embedding a library from one project into another project and both projects used different Smarty versions so in order to keep them separate I wanted to load the other smarty instance into a new namespace.

That's the wrong way to do it.
You should never ever use different versions of the same library in a single project.
EVER.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: