Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty Upgrade

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ananthbtechit
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Smarty Upgrade Reply with quote

I am using the smarty 2.6.2 for my application.Now i want to upgrade to 3.1.27.But lot of error has comes .Pls help someone help me.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You paying?
jbatres
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Smarty 3 Custom Install Reply with quote

I have a couple of scripts running Smarty 2 and I want to upgrade them to Smarty 3 from scratch without using the backward compatibility script, and yes, I'am paying Very Happy
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your templates are not using {php} tag, the conversion should be straightforward.
In fact, for some of my projects the conversion was "drop Smarty3 over Smarty2, call it a day".
jbatres
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started playing around with Smarty 3, but I can't figure out the initial configuration as my scripts are running smarty 2 and the include file or lines are different, that is way I was looking for someone that could just go in there and setup Smarty 3 and make my scripts work with it.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand. File name for Smarty class is the same for Smarty2 and Smarty3, so do its location.
The rest is up to the Smarty's own loader.
Your code should just work, unless you have a bad case of mixup.
elpmis
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbatres wrote:
I just started playing around with Smarty 3, but I can't figure out the initial configuration as my scripts are running smarty 2 and the include file or lines are different, that is way I was looking for someone that could just go in there and setup Smarty 3 and make my scripts work with it.

For a smart move to Smarty3 you could use SmartyBC class (uses Smarty3 but supports some elements of Smarty2 too)
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpmis wrote:
For a smart move to Smarty3 you could use SmartyBC class
That should be the last resort action, if all else fails. IMO.
jbatres
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions, I think I'll try a complete new installation of Smarty 3. If the file structure is similar, I should be able to get this working. I will keep you guys posted if I run into trouble.

Thanks again,
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbatres wrote:
Thank you for your suggestions, I think I'll try a complete new installation of Smarty 3. If the file structure is similar, I should be able to get this working. I will keep you guys posted if I run into trouble.

Thanks again,

While directory structure is similar, I suggest reviewing the recommended loading practice for Smarty3 to make your life easier.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: