Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Help - Missing Code

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordonisnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Help - Missing Code Reply with quote

Hello. Ive got an odd problem here... I have no idea if its javascript, PHP or smarty., but i think its Smarty.

basically, Ive got javascript code on my site to display a Google map with coordinates. You click on the icons on the map & it displays information about that icon on the right of the screen..

Everything seemed to be working, However i noticed today that SOME icons dosplayed correctly - 7 put the information inside the right-side div.

However if i click on other - the WHOLE webpage is displayed inside the second div. (it repeats itself).

My main browser is OPERA. so i tried on Mozilla Firefox and everything looks fine/OK as it should (i even clicked on the same icons - Mozilla produced the correct result.

Eventually - looking at the HTML source code - The Mozilla Firefox shows the full HTMl source code. But Opera was missing ALL of the icons data.. I refreshed - refreshed, cleared cache & refreshed & still same result.

http://animals.kwister.com/directory/

if you choose NORTHLAND as a region - 2 icons should show. AUCKLAND has more.

Here is the Smarty code (extract) - the foreach loop is the part that sjows the icon data.

has anyone got an idea as to why one browser displays data & the other doesnt ? PS ive got NO PHP (or other) code that distinguishes between any browser & does a different thing.

Code:

<!-- Start mapcode -->
{literal}
<script type="application/javascript">
      function initMap() {
        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
          zoom: 3,
          center: {lat: -36.880332352941,  lng: 174.79771417647}
        });
        // Create an array of alphabetical characters used to label the markers.
        var labels = 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ';

// Add some markers to the map.

var infoWin = new google.maps.InfoWindow();
var markers = locations.map(function(location, i) {
  var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
    position: location
  });
 google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'click', function(evt) {
     $('#sidebar2').load('/direct_proc.php?out=' + location.info);
   });

return marker;
});

// Add a marker clusterer to manage the markers.
        var markerCluster = new MarkerClusterer(map, markers,
            {imagePath: 'https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/markerclusterer/m'});
      }

{/literal}
var locations = [
{foreach from=$mapcoordinates key=k1 item=v1}
{if isset($v1.geo1)}
{if isset($v1.geo2)}
{literal}{{/literal}lat: {$v1.geo1},  lng: {$v1.geo2}, info:"{$k1}"{literal}}{/literal}, 
{/if}
{/if}
{/foreach}
      ]
    </script>
    <script src="https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/markerclusterer/markerclusterer.js">
    </script>
    <script async defer
    src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyDsY72KpoRA5_8hY2Y_NCxXZ5Yhx62PRaQ&callback=initMap">
    </script>
<!-- end mapcode -->
gordonisnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm

After 30+ minutes of trying things (i didnt do anything - i remember) - it is now working on both browsers)...
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to cover your JS/HTML code in {literal}'s - just add a space after opening delimiter to distinguish Smarty code from the rest. Extra spaces will be eaten by the parser.
The only code I wrap in {literal}'s is foreign snippets, like banners. And they are in external {include}'d files.
gordonisnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnrDaemon wrote:
You don't need to cover your JS/HTML code in {literal}'s - just add a space after opening delimiter to distinguish Smarty code from the rest. Extra spaces will be eaten by the parser.
The only code I wrap in {literal}'s is foreign snippets, like banners. And they are in external {include}'d files.

Thanks - I will remember that in future...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: