Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Is there a limit of number of templates ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahfoxnz
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Is there a limit of number of templates ? Reply with quote

Hi,

Im upgrading my website pages & improving layout / mobile accessability etc.

Ive currently got PHP templates showing two tables side by side. However when i upgrade the CSS coding etc, the resulting tables are wonky.

The two tables (side by side) show similar details on different items, but the right side table is a few lines below the left, & looks wonky.

I am thinking of using includes. It currently uses 3-4 templates to create the final HTML output. But to align the tables, i'll need to split them into an extra 3-4 template files each.

I dont think it matters much (or only fractions ofa second to process) - but is it usual to have a large number of included templates to create pages ?

Do you use a dozen or more templates to create a single page ?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is more a HTML/CSS question, it seems.
Aligning data on page is a browser job, thus not related to Smarty directly.
What do you do, and what does not work to your expectation?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a limit of number of templates ? Reply with quote

sarahfoxnz wrote:
is it usual to have a large number of included templates to create pages ?

Do you use a dozen or more templates to create a single page ?

It depends, how exactly you include them. Plus there's caching, which influences the count.
I often use {include … inline} for objects that rarely-to-never change. F.e. SVG icons.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: