Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty compiled filename on app engine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaliseo
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Smarty compiled filename on app engine Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm using smarty on google app engine with standard environnement. It means i cannot write files to disk. I'm currently using Cloud Storage for compiled folder etc, it works.

But..

The problem is the latency of the application to fetch compiled templates from Cloud Storage, wich is much longer than fetching it directly from disk. (3x20ms checking file + 3*20ms fetching files, 120ms total added to page calculation).

I searched a way to avoid using md5 hash in compiled templates files (wich seems to use dirname to be generated. dirname changes when application is uploaded to app engine), to be able to define it & send pre-compiled files in production (with compile_check to false). The parameter compiled_id just add an id before the file name (with md5 hash).

Do you know a method to specify compiled filename ? or anything corresponding to my situation ?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: