Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty in Joomla or Drupal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Frameworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revover
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Smarty in Joomla or Drupal Reply with quote

Did anyone used Smarty with recent versions of Joomla or Drupal? I have two projects that use bespoke CMS with Smarty. I really want to move that to a package like Joomla or Drupal yet at the same time I want to keep Smarty templates.

How Joomla and Drupal get along with Smarty 3?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, no idea how to start answering your question.
Both are evolved CMS with their own ecosystems, and both have a poor reputation of being performance hogs to the webserver.
Revover
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my question would be if anybody successfully used Smarty 3 in Joomla/Drupal ecosystems.

To be more precise, I'm fine with using Joomla/Drupal native admin panel to manage the content on the admin side - even without Smarty. However, I'd like to reuse my current templates on the website's front-end. I'm aware that back-end files will need to rewritten but I hope that I could at least reuse .tpl files. So, the other form of my question is: how hard is it to include Smarty 3 in Joomla or Drupal.

Maybe it's not the best approach, but I hope I could get the best of both worlds: speed and ease of use of Smarty on the front, out-of-the-box solutions and plugins of the dedicated package in the admin panel.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Frameworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: