Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

error during upgrade Smarty 2->3.1.36 / php 5.4->7.3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FSSmariani
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: error during upgrade Smarty 2->3.1.36 / php 5.4->7.3 Reply with quote

Good day.

We are moving our Smarty v.2 to a new server and installing Smarty 3.1.6. The PHP also change from 5.4 to 7.3.

We installed and successfully ran the "Hello Ned!" script, but when we try to use our existing files, we get the following error:

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function _callExternalMethod() on null in /home/fss/public_html/libs/Smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php:290 Stack trace: #0 /home/fss/public_html/include/setup_smarty.php(6): Smarty_Internal_Data->__call('Smarty', Array) #1 /home/fss/public_html/index.php(13): Page->__construct() #2 {main} thrown in /home/fss/public_html/libs/Smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 290

Line 290 is the line that starts with 'return' in the following:
Code:

/**
     * Handle unknown class methods
     * @param string $name unknown method-name
     * @param array  $args argument array
     * @return mixed
     */
    public function __call($name, $args)
    {
        return $this->ext->_callExternalMethod($this, $name, $args);
    }

We would appreciate any help you can provide to point us in the correct direction, thank you.

[/code]
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a similar issue.
It happens when I run {include} through compiled template.
Strangely enough, I'm unable to reproduce it in-lab.

Error in the log are:

Code:
[25-Jan-2021 08:46:18 Europe/Moscow] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: 4b113b590622170c100893e39b2cc66f663653c3 in /home/ccenter/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 322
[25-Jan-2021 08:46:18 Europe/Moscow]  --> Smarty: plugin Smarty_Resource_ is not a valid name format <--
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: