Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Unable to write file [Presta 1.7.6.5 Apache on W2109server]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XpectoPatronus
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Unable to write file [Presta 1.7.6.5 Apache on W2109server] Reply with quote

I'm total newbie, but after my webmaster told me it's "probably windows issue" I decided to explore and hopefully someone will direct me.

I have dedicated server with on windows 2019 and we added one website on Prestashop. I ordered ready to go integration with Adobe Stock based on Prestashop plugins, and I know there are dozens of other installations, but only mine has issues with writing errors on regular basis.

I'm getting "
(1/1) SmartyException
unable to write file D:\prestashop\mywebsitename\var\cache\dev\smarty\compile\96\a1\5a\96a15a94880da2ecbe58e9d87db0ed9bbd64f214_2.file.icon.tpl.php
in smarty_internal_runtime_writefile.php line 90
at Smarty_Internal_Runtime_WriteFile->writeFile('D:\\prestashop\\mywebsitename\\var\\cache\\dev\\smarty\\compile\\96\\a1\\5a\\96a15a94880da2ecbe58e9d87db0ed9bbd64f214_2.file.icon.tpl.php', '<?php/* Smarty version 3.1.33, created on..."

I don't think it's caused by lack of write perimission. I checked them multiple times: also refreshing page helps and it seems to be random.

My instance is the only one of many that was installed on windows server, and I think it might be the reason, but I hope it can be fixed, as I don't want another server machine to manage.

I can see comment:
Quote:
* Windows' rename() fails if the destination exists,
* Linux' rename() properly handles the overwrite.
* Simply unlink()ing a file might cause other processes
* currently reading that file to fail, but linux' rename()
* seems to be smart enough to handle that for us.
*/

in smarty_internal_runtime_writefile.php but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problem.

Can someone please instruct me (or my webmaster) where to look?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often you see this error? In production environment, Smarty should only compile templates once.
XpectoPatronus
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disabled indexing in Windows and the errors stopped occuring.
WOrth noting that the machine is quite new with Ryzen processor and NVMe disks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: