Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Disclose Security Vulnerability

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drsassafras
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Disclose Security Vulnerability Reply with quote

How do I disclose a Security Vulnerability?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can reproduce it with latest Smarty version…
drsassafras
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No, we have not integrated smarty 4.0 yet. So not reproducible in the latest smarty version.
2. This does not help me in reporting the issue. I have googled how to, searched over your docs, emailed smarty, and made this forum post. This is the first hit I am getting and it is 6 days later and does not answer my question.
3. Are you sure you want a security vulnerability posted somewhere public before a patch has been issued for the 3.x branch? I mean I am into responsible disclosure but that requires a two way street.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your "vulnerability" can not be reproduced in a Simple Test Case, then how do you know it is not something in your own framework? That's why I asked for a simple reproducer.
Preferable using master branch. But latest release could suffice as well.
Fork https://github.com/AnrDaemon/test-001, create a branch and write your reproducer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: