Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Array indexes and how to use them in Smarty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Array indexes and how to use them in Smarty Reply with quote

After doing a search of the forums i can't find any discussion that can help me with my problem.

I have two arrays of strings which are available in my Smarty template.
In the Smarty debug they are listed:
Code:

sexText => Array (2)
  0 => Woman
  1 => Man
yesNoText => Array (2)
  0 => No
  1 => Yes

I then have a number of other Smarty variables which are either =1 or =0.

I would like to dipslay a string held in the arrays above based on the numeric value of the other variables (they will act as the array index number).

so if $sex=0, i would like to do $sexText[$sex] and get "Woman" output in my Smarty template.

However, I can't suss out how it works in Smarty?! Sad Any suggestions people??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm. Works for me. What version of Smarty are you using? I tried with the current CVS.

Note, {$sexTest.$sex} also works.
Budda
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the last stable public version, 2.5

I failed to mention one thing which might make a difference thinking about it now. All my variables are part of an object i assign to a smarty variable.

So i need to use {$result->sex} to get the index number 0 or 1
and then i need to use $result->sexText to access the array with the two elements in, indexed as 0 and 1.

{$result->sexText.$result->sex} causes the error:
Code:
Warning: Illegal offset type in C:\www\pma\htdocs\Var\Cache\Templates_c\%%149\%%1495695858\cardiovascularRiskResults.tpl.php on line 26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: