Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

fckEditor - different behavior on different platforms

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jman
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: fckEditor - different behavior on different platforms Reply with quote

Hi, All,

Bit of a puzzler. Invoking fckEditor plugin on local 'doze machine works fine, but not on the actual host (a Linux VPS).

Don't believe it's a permissions problem. Smarty itself is working on the host. I also tried a test with the commify modifier & that worked, so I know it's finding the right plugin path.

The Smarty class lives in /usr/local/lib/php/Smarty, with /plugins under that - running a VPS, I can place those files in a more central location in case any other domain wants to use them.

Am invoking the editor with

{fckeditor BasePath="/includes/fckeditor/" InstanceName="html_body" Width="500px" Height="500px" ToolBarSet="Default"}

And on the local machine that comes up fine. On the host though, nothing appears. The rest of the template loads just great, but looking at the form details shows simply nothing for the "html_body" element.

The server side code does belong to user root, but it's also world-readable. The template belongs to the user, also world-readable.

But none of that should really matter, as the rest of Smarty appears to works great, just not fckeditor.

Anyone else run into this?
jman
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my bad, it was partially a permissions issue.

Didn't find that out until I tried another function (not a modifier), html_select_state. It couldn't compile.

So, moved the smarty class into the user space, but outside of htdocs. Updated the config to point to the new location. Set permissions for the folders, now the template will compile.

Still no fckeditor though, so am wondering if the basepath is relative, or a full path?

From the compiled form (php open & close tags removed):

echo smarty_function_fckeditor(array('BasePath' => "/includes/fckeditor/",'InstanceName' => 'html_body','Width' => '500px','Height' => '500px','ToolBarSet' => 'Default'), $this);

Have also tried the explicit path to fckeditor (/home/user/etc.), didn't seem to have an effect either way.

So, looks like the template is trying to invoke fckeditor, but the function is returing nothing, so echo is showing nothing.
jman
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, call me a maroon.

Looked at the JS output from firefox, and it couldn't find fckeditor.js

With all the messing around I did trying to get this working, must have accidentally removed it.

Between that and the permissions issue, this explains why it would work on one platform & not the other.

Doh!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: