Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Ignore Non-Existing Tags (or make non-fatal)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mankyd
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Ignore Non-Existing Tags (or make non-fatal) Reply with quote

I am wondering if you could add a flag to the Smarty class that makes it ignore non-existing plugins/tags. I am sure something like this has been suggested before. I found one similar post: http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4190

I am writing a framework of sorts that contains it's own plugin system. Some of those plugins define Smarty plugins. Those Smarty plugins are used in some of the installed templates. If a user disables one of the installed framework plugins (say the comment plugin) the templates immediately start failing because they no longer have all of the necessary Smarty plugins defined.

I don't want my users to have to go and manually edit their templates just because they've disabled or uninstalled a plugin. In my framework, disabling a plugin is as simple as clicking a button. Editing a template, of course, requires firing up a text editor of some sort and finding everywhere the plugins are referenced - much more work.

Ideally, modifier, function, and insert plugins would all be ignored. Block plugins would have everything between its start and end tags stripped out. This functionality would of course have to be enabled via a flag, say $smarty->surpress_plugin_errors or something similar.

Thoughts?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: