Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

the best simplest framework

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katsu
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: the best simplest framework Reply with quote

Hello!
I've been using Smarty for a long time now, it's highly flexible and customizable. I like it because i can control the code i'm writing...
kookniess
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just started to work with smarty template, it is so awesome..
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reuse your configs Reply with quote

I reuse my basic configuration files.

Once I setup a very basic things of smarty, including config locations, file permissions, and a basic readme.txt file, I compress it in a .zip file.

For starting up the next project, I can now, start the project earlier, and make the home page print its own logo, in less than 5 minutes.

Whiles, other php programmers would ask a design/layout of a website to start on a project, it is not the case to me. I see the php coding and templates as clearly the different things.

I speed up the development, even without knowing how my website would look like in the future. Thanks a lot to the creators of Smarty and the contributors.
antonM
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, smarty really is a big help but katsu it's not a framework. it's a templating engine. Smile
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be called a framework, but it's a specific one. This framework is for the presentation portion of an application. Smarty is not an MVC however, and many people like to confuse them. Smarty is the View (V) of MVC.
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Exactly! Reply with quote

Exactly,
Smarty is a the View protion only in the MVC.

I was trying to use Smarty to manage my presentation.
I am working to develop a special class that can interact with the database, determine the models and views, and is able to display the contents using database and flat files (templates).

It will have a simple configuration only, and I am putting it into my core of the classes - but tightly bound with the Smarty.

Hoever, I have NOT modified any files from Smarty distribution. So, any further updates in Smarty can be simply upgrated.

I am waiting first, my project to release and get tested. Then, I will get a confidence working with my class, and will be able to document it properly before I can release it to the public. I will try to bring this to the community, as soon as possible.

Thanks.
(But it is still not truly a MVC, but a very specific framework to use Smarty and database driven contents).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: